5/24/07

DS vs PSP

So few days ago, I went out and got myself a PSP. Why? Cuz I really wanted to play Monster Hunter Portable 2nd for it. I don't think it's out in US yet so I won't be able to play it with any of you there, although I personally don't know anyone that owns PSP so that doesn't really matter does it? lol.

Ok, so now that I own both DS and PSP, I guess I'll do a little comparison of both hand-held systems. And I'll be completely honest with it and not be biased.

DS.
Pros:
Battery Life (8 -10 hours)
Innovating ways to play the games
Able to play GBA games
None or barely any loading involved
Built in Mic
Smaller than PSP so better portability

Cons:
In order to browse the net, play mp3s, you have to buy the extra peripherals. (I don't think the mp3 ones are legal)
Graphics are eh on some of the game. I think they could've done better on some games.

PSP
Pros:
Great graphics (Almost PS2 quality)
Photo, video, and audio player already included
Can browse the internet without extra peripherals
Bigger screen

Cons:
Battery Life (3 - 5 hours, depending on what you are doing. All the loading time can drain it faster)
Long loading time. Sometimes too long (I once waited 30 seconds)
For some reason, my eyes gets blurry on PSP but not on DS
Can be little bulky
It doesn't come with any covers for the screen so you are forced to buy some kind of protection for it.

So as you can see, they both have their pros and cons. I can't say which is better because what the other system lacks in, other one pretty much covers it. It really depends on what kind of games you like to play. Before I bought the PSP, the whole battery thing was really getting to me. So I asked some of my classmates about it and I thought about it carefully then I realized that I don't think I'm gonna be in a situation where I'm gonna be playing on the PSP until the battery dies. Even in the airplane, I usually sleep most of the time anyway so it shouldn't be that bad. So yeah it really isn't that bad now that PSP is starting to come out with more games. So all in all, I have to say I like the both DS and PSP about the same. They are both pretty cool!

No comments: