8/10/07

In Shanghai

Well where do I start? I'm in Shanghai right now teaching. I'll be here until the mid September. You'll notice that I'll be updating the blog by several days at once, and that is because of the internet connection here in the school. I didn't think I was going to have access to the internet, but come to find out that they ended up setting wireless LAN in the teacher's dorm. Only problem is that the signal is so weak so there are days that I'm not gonna get to use the internet from my room because of all the concrete walls here. I think they have the router setup in different floor. I have yet to find a spot in my room where I can get a signal strong enough to stay on 24-7, and I have a feeling that that spot doesn't even exist in my room lol. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

The weather is so hot here that I sweat just from standing still. Good thing I have AC in the room! This is good chance for me to work on my dissertation paper, since I don't have to worry about any distractions while I'm off the clock. I do need to go shopping though.....

No comments: