1/22/08

Oregon Trail

Ok so my friend Kin got me to sign up for facebook about two month ago, eventhough I kept telling him and his girlfriend Kristie to sign up for myspace. I wasn't too crazy about facebook and haven't really done much with it. That was until Louanne and Michelle recruited me for the facebook version of "Oregon Trail"..... I remember back in Calusa I used to watch everyone play it on the old apple, and I actually did play it once. BUT I never got anywhere with it cuz I didn't understand English then. All I remember was my classmate who was trying to help me play was constantly trying to tell me that everyone in my wagon died. But considering that I didn't understand a word he was saying, I kept smiling and repeated "Yes, huh? ah.... what? I don't know...." to him....

But anyway, I decided to start my own wagon instead of just hunting for whoever my wagon leaders are. Damn, that game is so freaking addicting.... Sad part was that I had already killed Kristie's brother Kevin.... Twice...... First time with thirst (How in the fuck are you supposed to make them drink water????) and second time with sleep deprivation.... it just happened without a warning!! or maybe not.... That kinda taught me to pay more attention to my people.

I just have one problem..... Ok, to make money in the facebook version, you gotta either recruit people or do a survey. Well since everyone on my friendlist are in my wagon already, I decided to do a survey.... Or at least I tried.... When I clicked on the survey button, this is what I got....

"We're very sorry but currently we have no surveys available for your country"..... Fucking racist...... So I guess either the people in my wagon or I gotta keep signing in everyday cuz that's the only other way my wagon can make money...... dammit.....

Today was pretty cool. I went out to a lunch after school with people in my linguistic group. We went to a Cantonese buffet and they were actually pretty good! I ate so much that I ended up skipping dinner today. Hey, my professor was treating so I figured it would be impolite not to pig out.... Here's the pic


From left to right : Professor Nakagawa, Chimura, Sugiura, Bruce Lee, Zhang

No comments: