5/4/07

Serve and Keyna

It was really nice out today, so I went out for a walk. During the walk I found a statue of "Sahbu" which is a guide dog that is famous for saving his blind master's life by pushing him out of a way when his master almost got hit by a car. Luckily Sahbu survived but lost one of his leg. Even with just 3 legs, he still managed to guide his master for as long as possible. I remember reading about his story when I was little, and I remember being really sad when I heard a news about Sahbu passing away. To show Sahbu respect and make sure that he is never forgotten, city of Nagoya built a bronze statue in his honor, and this is what it looks like.

I was really happy to see that statue, which shouldn't be a surprise for those that knows me well. Next statue I'd like to go see is a statue of Hachi. I'll get into his story some other time. On the way home, there was a mini-concert by this singer named Keyna. She is not one of the famous singers. Perhaps she is known to people who are into Indy scene, and some Otaku. I really liked her stuff, mainly because I could feel that she is doing music because she truly loves music. Because of that, I hope she makes it to the point where she wants to get to. One thing that really bugs me in music scene is that, there are too many musicians out there who are really famous, that doesn't know shit about what music really is. I don't mean it in a way where all musicians needs to go learn every instruments, but whether they can sing or not, if they truly have an appreciation for music, and willing to make music part of their lives, then they've got my respect. I just don't have any respect for "musicians" who sings or plays instrument for fame, and /or money. It always pisses me off when I see someone become famous just because they are good looking, or cuz they drive really expensive cars and party alot. What the heck does that have to do with music? Music is supposed to affect your mind, your heart, you yourself. Not your wallet, clothes, or cars. In my opinion, those who does music for fame, money, or getting laid, they don't have the right to call themselves musicians. They should be calling themselves shit bags. Well anyway, enough ranting. Below is a picture of Keyna singing. In case some of you are interested, this is her website http://www.keyna.net

Tomorrow I get to go to Nagano to go teach these 3 girls who came to Japan few months ago. Apparently their boss is not happy with their Japanese. What I think really happened was that they are just too embarrassed to talk cuz they are afraid of making mistakes. So most people took it as they can't speak shit. It's always the same with every single students I've had complaints about. So we'll see what I can do. Hopefully everything will go well. The bus is gonna be 2 hour ride so I'll either sleep or play Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for DS which I got today. I didn't get to play too much on the PS2 version, but apparently it uses the same concept with the gambit system. So far I like it. It really is different from the other FF series I played. Although I wouldn't mind playing the PS2 version.... lol. I'll let you know how the game is in few days. But for now, I've gotta get up in 6 hours so good night!

No comments: